Making contact is the first step to a brighter future.

Welcome to PRA Group


We know life happens and doesn't always go according to plan.

If you received a letter or call from us, it means that your original provider has made a business decision to sell your debt. The contractual agreement you had with your original provider has been transferred to us and you now owe this debt to PRA Group. Our website will help you understand the process, your options, and—most importantly—how we’re committed to working together to come to the most appropriate resolution and that any payment plans we agree are both sustainable and affordable.

Calculate your monthly income and expenditure here.

We know life happens and at times customers may fall behind on financial commitments.

Paying us is easy...

Choose the best method for you.

View your account information and make a payment at PRApay

Quick Pay Payment

Pay online using your debit card from your computer or mobile device.

Other Ways to Pay

Other Ways to Pay

Select your preferred payment method from our list of alternative options.

Click here for more info

Make a quick pay payment

You'll find the same important account information as on your customer letter, such as the original creditor, seller, merchant, and account balance.

  • View your account
  • Make a payment using your debit card
  • It’s easy and secure

Make a payment

Happy Customers!

Excellent service is just one example of PRA employees making a difference in the lives of our customers every day. By working together to be collectively responsible, we aim to show every customer how much PRA cares.


Common questions

We're here to help resolve any concerns you may have. Contact us

How do you help customers with visual impairment?

We understand that some customers may have a visual impairment and require assistance with letter contact. At PRA Group we can provide the following bespoke solutions:

  • Braille letters
  • Large print letters or emails
  • Coloured paper letters

You can request these options by contacting us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

How do you help customers with hearing impairment?

Supporting customers with hearing difficulties is important to PRA Group, so the following has been introduced to allow us to continue to support or customers:

  • Signposting our customers to Next Generation Text Services (NGTS), this service has replaced Text Relay/Text Direct/Typetalk services and can assist hearing impaired and deaf customers to communicate with us by phone
  • The NGTS service can be reached via " or 0800 500 888

I have a complaint, what should I do?

We always aim to offer you the best possible service but do understand that there may be occasions when our service falls below your expectations. If this does occur, you can make a complaint by phone call [0800 877 2772], by letter [2 The Cross, Kilmarnock, KA1 1LR] or by email, Further details can be found within our PRA Group Complaint Leaflet

In line with the Financial Conduct Authority requirements, we publish our complaint statistics. Our latest statistics can be found by following this link

What can I do if I am unhappy with the outcome of the final response you have issued?

We aim to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction but we understand that sometimes you may still remain dissatisfied with the outcome communicated in our final response to you. If this occurs, you have the right to escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

On your behalf, FOS may conduct an independent investigation into the concerns you have raised. They aim to settle disputes fairly between financial organisations and their customers. You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Services by phone, on 0845 0800 1800 or on their website,

You are also able to contact the Credit Services Association [CSA are the UK trade association for the debt collection and debt purchase industry]; please be advised that they only accept complaints in writing and should you wish to contact them, you must first complete their complaint form, which can be found on their website,

If these organisations are able to consider your complaint, they will take appropriate action to fully resolve your complaint.

It isn’t always easy for me to contact you, what can you do to help?

We understand that some customers have different communication needs, so offer the following services to help us keep in touch.

  • Authorised third parties – We are happy to discuss your account with anyone you authorise us to speak to; this may be a family member, friend or financial advisor.
  • Most appropriate time to call – Need to speak to us at a specific time? Our agents can diarise a time to call that works best for you.
  • Contact Preferences – We can arrange to keep in touch with you via phone calls, letters and emails.

The information on my credit report is not correct. How can I get this updated?

Simply send a copy of your credit report, along with the reason you believe this may be wrong, to We will review, amend were applicable and advise on our findings within 10 working days from the date of your email

You are not obliged to provide this information, however, it will help ensure your records are accurate.

Can I stop a CCJ appearing on my credit file?

If you pay the balance of the account within 30 days of receiving the judgment, yes. Otherwise, it will be entered on your credit record at the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines, and will remain there for six years. For more information you can seek free debt advice:

StepChange Debt Charity
Your local citizens advice bureau
National Debtline
Money Advice Service

I have completed my insolvency (e.g. bankruptcy, IVA, DRO, trust deed, Debt Arrangement Scheme). How will this show on my credit report?

Once your insolvency has been completed and we have received confirmation of this, your credit report will be updated. This will show as a “Partial Settlement” and the entry will remain for six years from the default date.

How will my credit report be impacted by having a debt with PRA Group? Where can I check my credit report?

By contacting any of the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs), you can see find out how your credit report has been how your credit report has been impacted; you can also request a copy of your credit report. The CRAs are: Experian , Equifax , or Call Credit ; note: you may be charged a fee depending on the CRA you use. For a free monthly report, which is 30 days behind the main service, you can use: Call Credit or Equifax.

I dispute owing you this balance, what should I do?

It’s important you get in touch with us. We can look into any dispute or concern you may have. Please call us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

Who can I speak to for help when dealing with my creditor(s)?

We can work with you to find the best resolution based on your current circumstances. Alternatively, you can seek free advice from an independent company such as:

StepChange Debt Charity
Your local citizens advice bureau
National Debtline
Money Advice Service

What if I lose my job or become ill?

We have a dedicated Customer Support Team who can assist you through this difficult time. Please contact us on 0800 877 2772 or email providing us with as much relevant information as possible to allow us to appropriately manage your account.

What if I can’t make my agreed payment?

We can work with you to find the best resolution based on your current circumstances. Please call us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

Who can I speak to for help when dealing with my creditor(s)?

We will be happy to update these for you, simply call us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

Who regulates PRA Group (UK) Limited?

We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, for more information please visit We are also members of the Credit Services Association (CSA), the UK trade association for the debt collection and purchase industry.

I’ve been contacted by another company regarding this account, what should I do?

There are occasions where we own your account and a different company is managing it, please see the list below: Credit Security Ltd
Brodies LLP
Shoosmiths LLP
Judge & Priestly LLP
Phillip & Cohen Associates (UK) Ltd
Wright Hassall LLP
If the name of the company contacting you does not feature above, or you have other concerns, please contact us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

What is CCJ/Decree?

A County Court Judgment (CCJ) is a type of court order in England, Wales and Northern Ireland that might be registered against you if you fail to repay a debt. In Scotland, the process is called a Decree.

I am in an IVA, Trust Deed or Bankruptcy – why am I receiving this letter from PRA Group?

If your PRA Group account is included in your IVA, Trust Deed or Bankruptcy, you will receive a letter to let you know that your account has been sold to us, we may also send you other correspondence (e.g. an account statement). We understand that during your IVA, Trust Deed or Bankruptcy you would not expect to be contacted by one of your creditors, so we only send letters where we are legally obliged to do so. You should continue to make your payments to your Insolvency Practitioner as usual.

How will the sale of my account affect my IVA, Trust Deed or Bankruptcy?

We will liaise directly with your Supervisor or Trustee to have the details of this account updated, to reflect that PRA Group is now the new owner. This does not affect the terms of your IVA or Trust Deed in any way and you should continue to interact with your Insolvency Practitioner as usual.

My IVA/Trust Deed completed successfully and this account was included, why has it now been sold?

We make every effort to screen and validate the data supplied to us, prior to contacting you, however if we have contacted you after your IVA/Trust Deed has completed, please contact us on 0800 877 2772 or email us at and we will update our records to make sure that your credit file is correctly updated. In order to update our system and your credit file accurately we may need to ask you to confirm the name of the Insolvency Practitioner firm that managed your IVA or Trust Deed and the date of completion of your IVA or Trust Deed. If you write to us please include this information in your correspondence, and if you call please try to have this information to hand. It is helpful if you are able to send us a copy of your completion certificate from your IVA or Trust Deed. Please note, you are under no obligation to provide this information, however, it will help ensure your records are accurate.

My IVA/Trust Deed has failed, what do I do now?

Please get in touch with us. We understand that there are many reasons why your IVA or Trust Deed may have failed and we will work with you to reach a suitable resolution based on your circumstances.

What other correspondence might I expect to receive from PRA Group regarding this purchased account?

On an annual basis, you will receive an account statement from PRA Group showing the specific details regarding your account, including the remaining balance owed on the account and payments we have received from your Insolvency Practitioner. Please note, we have an obligation to send these statements and they are not payment demands. You should continue to interact with your Insolvency Practitioner as usual.

Why have you sent me a statement?

Where we own an account, we are required, under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act, to send an account statement every year. This is a regulatory requirement and ensures we keep you fully informed of the status of your account.

My financial circumstances have changed, what should I do?

You should always keep us up to date with any changes in your financial circumstances because the more we understand your situation, the better placed we are to helps you come to a suitable resolution. You can fill in and submit an Income & Expenditure form here.

Where can I find my reference number or password?

You can find your reference number and password on the top right of any letter that we send to you.

How do I request written confirmation my account is closed?

Please call us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

How do I change my payment plan amount or date?

You should contact us to change your payment plan. Please call us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

I have already appointed an advisor to deal with my finances, what should I do?

You may have decided to seek independent advice regarding your finances. If you have, all you need to do is let us know who you have instructed to help you and we will do the rest.

Can I provide my income and expenditure details online?

Yes, you can provide this information by clicking here.

I have received a letter before claim – what should I do?

It’s important you contact us as soon as possible on 0800 877 2772. You should refer to the letter for further details.

Can I see what information PRA Group (UK) Limited holds on me?

You are legally entitled to understand how we process your personal data and to have access to such data. Please see our data protection policy here. For more details and you can contact us on 0800 877 2772 or email us at to make request access to the personal data we hold about you.

I’ve been told my debt is unenforceable, what does this mean?

Where a debt is unenforceable, the balance will remain outstanding, and if you don’t pay, it could affect your credit record.
PRA can still:

  • Contact you by letter or phone to ask you to pay what you owe
  • Transfer your information onto a subcontracted debt collection agency
  • Continue reporting this account on your credit file
  • Pass your information to a credit reference agency, which might affect your credit record
  • Send you a default notice if you miss any payments

If your debt becomes enforceable at any point, we will write to you to let you know.
PRA cannot:

  • Secure a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against you

If you have any questions about this, please contact us on 0800 877 2772. Alternatively, you can email us at

How do I make a payment to PRA Group (UK) Limited?

We offer many different payment methods and it’s your decision which you use, full details are below. Please note that you’ll find your account information on any letter we’ve sent you, including: reference number, balance, original creditor and online login details.


You can use our new ‘quick pay’ service to view your balance or make a Debit Card payment, it’s easy and secure to use. Click here to make a payment
Direct Debit or Debit Card, to set this up you can:
– Call us on 0800 877 2772
– Email us at
– Complete the mandate on the reverse of our letter and post it back to us

Online Transfer

Log in to your online banking service and use;
Sort code: 16-00-02
Account number: 21117336
Reference: your PRA Reference number


You can make a cash or debit card payment at any Payzone outlet or Post Office displaying the Payzone logo.
– Present the barcode printed on the bottom right hand corner of any letter that we have sent to you, along with your payment.
– Find your nearest Payzone outlet
– Select Utility and Bill payments and then Debt payment services

Cheque, postal order or bankers draft

– Make payable to PRA Group (UK) Ltd.
– Please include your reference number

Any payments to be posted can be sent to;

PRA Group (UK) Ltd
PO Box 444


Contact us

Email an account representative


Call to speak with account representative


Dial 0800 877 2772 to speak with an Account Representative.

Monday-Thursday: 8am - 8:30pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 8am - 2pm

Write to PRA

Write to us

2 The Cross